In my mind I'm running through a field
catching daffodils
that are falling from the sky.
Real life isn't professional photographs,
and sometimes I don't feel like I'm a lion in tall grass.
I worry about ticks,
and nettle stinging my legs.
But then I toss my hair,
and roar a little anyway.
Throw some glitter out the window,
sing a song into to the dark.
Eat apple until you reach the core,
and kayack in the park.
When you run you almost fly,
two feet up at one time.
See?
Gravity has been defied by me,
I've already been touched by the moon.
Hold my hand,
I'll lead you through the forest,
or up from the underground.
Preach Dr. Seuss,
and speak of kings
who lived without their crowns.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This made my heart stop for a second. Your writing is beautiful, I have to talk to you soon, as well.
Post a Comment