Monday, January 3, 2011

Everything makes me think about you and the first time I saw your face and it all hurts.

Walking home from the bus-stop in just a sweatshirt
because I'm too lazy to put on a coat.
I reach my hand out towards the mailbox,
and notice its iciness,
shivering and stuffing it back in my sleeve.

All of a sudden I'm laying on the ground with you
and you've noticed my frozen hands,
and taken them in both of yours.
And all I can think about is how your hands are remarkably warm,
and inviting,
and how mine now feels so comfortable, as you rub the cold away,
And you just turn and smile at me, saying,
"Any better?"

And my realistic world comes crashing
through memories
and I've landed on a pile of sharp rocks
because I don't know if anyone is ever going to be as sweet as you
and all of the things you did.

No comments: